NATIONAL VETERANS LEGAL SERVICES PROGRAM
Job Title: Training & Webinar Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time
I. General Summary:
The Training & Webinar Coordinator provides administrative assistance to a small team of attorneys in all aspects of training and publications activities. We’re seeking an entrepreneurial, self-directed team player committed to NVLSP’s mission of serving veterans, with excellent communication and technology skills. The coordinator is primarily responsible for NVLSP’s webinar program, which presents 30-35 webinars per year, to include logistics, marketing, and technological matters (but not content or presentation of the webinars). The coordinator also assists with preparation for in-person trainings and acts as a liaison between NVLSP and its website designers.
- Coordinate topics and schedule for NVLSP’s webinar series.
- Market webinars on NVLSP’s website, Facebook, and Twitter, and by email
- Develop expertise with ReadyTalk webinar software
- Manage registration / process orders of webinar participants
- Assist presenters with creation of PowerPoint slides (style, formatting, etc.)
- Launch and monitor webinars, including handling inquiries from participants
- Apply for CLE credit for webinars from the state of Virginia
- Prepare certificates of attendance for webinar attendees
- Record, upload, edit, and post all webinars to NVLSP’s website
- Handle customer service related to webinars, to include responding to emails and telephone calls
III. In-Person Trainings:
- Assist attorneys with preparation of training materials, to include PowerPoint presentations and training outlines
- Manage NVLP’s training calendar and keep statistics related to trainings
- Track results of NVLSP litigation cases for use in training
- Prepare printouts and thumb drives with training materials for presenters
IV. Other Responsibilities:
- Monitor and update NVLSP’s online bookstore
- Provide administrative assistance with respect to annual revisions to NVLSP’s Veterans Benefits Manual
- Update NVLSP’s online Basic Training Course with material provided by NVLSP attorneys
- Add cases in which NVLSP attorneys act as mentors to a case management system
- Other projects as determined by NVLSP’s Executive Director and NVLSP’s Director of Training and Publications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exemplary written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Extensive computer skills, including intermediate or higher level proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Working knowledge of WordPress website software and WooCommerce e-commerce platform preferred
- Working knowledge of ReadyTalk or other webinar program preferred
- Experience with the use of social media for marketing preferred
- Salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Medical and retirement plan benefits.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, with references and salary history by June 27, 2018, to the following email address: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Please write your Last Name and “Training & Webinar Coordinator” in the subject heading.
Job Title: Intake Specialist
Position Type: Part-time
The National Veterans Legal Services Program (NVLSP) has worked since 1980 to ensure that our nation’s 25 million veterans and active duty personnel receive the government benefits to which they are entitled. NVLSP’s Lawyers Serving Warriors® (LSW) Pro Bono Program assists veterans with disability claims including challenges to VA denials of service-connection for PTSD due to military sexual trauma, applications for combat related special compensation, requests for medical retirement, discharge upgrades, and claims before the Board of Veterans’ Appeals.
NVLSP seeks a part-time intake specialist to serve as the initial contact between veterans and NVLSP attorneys. The intake specialist is responsible for the following: determining program eligibility; sending out intake packets; meticulously maintaining the client database; reviewing submitted client documentation; requesting VA and military records via the Privacy Act; providing status updates; scanning, combining, and uploading client records and documentation; maintaining and organizing physical client files; updating various spreadsheets and data collection; and working closely with the LSW team attorneys.
The position pays $22/hour for 21 hours per week. The hours can be worked over 3 to 5 days per week, during normal business weekday hours. This is a new permanent position, reflecting increased intake, and we wish to fill the position as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will have exceptional organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple deadline-driven tasks while maintaining a professional and pleasant demeanor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate from accredited institution or program
- 2 to 5 years paralegal experience
- Excellent proofreading and writing skills
- Experience with client contact via phone and email
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to maintain records of ongoing matters in paper and electronically
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously under constant deadlines
Strong organizational, problem solving, and communication skills
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and list of references to: Rochelle Bobroff, Director of Pro Bono, Rochelle@nvlsp.org. The NVLSP office is at 1600 K St., NW, Washington, DC.